Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: August 13, 2019

Psalm 105:39-42 "He spread a cloud for a covering; and fire to give light in the night. (40) The people asked, and he brought quails, and satisfied them with the bread of heaven. (41) He opened the rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river. (42) For he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant."

He spread. He gave light. He brought quail. He satisfied them. He opened the rock. He remembered His promise. God is so good, isn't He?

Our God provides for all of us those things we stand in need of. I stop just now to remember the words of Jesus: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness." Yes, I know there is more to the verse, but it seems the problem for so many people is that we want the second part of the verse without the first part. We want "all these things added" unto us. Don't we?

But there is a something said before those things are added. We are to seek Him. We are to seek His righteousness. We are to desire to please Him. We are to acknowledge Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. It's one thing to say that He is my Savior, but it is quite another to honestly say that Jesus is my Lord. If He is my Lord, I am to try to please Him. I am to seek to do the right thing (righteousness). I am to submit to His authority in my life.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." God remembers His promise to us and He honors each promise. Because He is faithful to me, I am to be faithful to Him.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51