Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: December 10, 2019


Psalm 129:1-2   "Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth, may Israel now say: (2)  Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth: yet they have not prevailed against me."

There are times when I feel like it would have been wonderful if the Lord had just completely taken away the carnal side of man. It would have been nice if we would not ever have to worry about making wrong decisions or saying something wrong. But then, it would be heaven. The Psalmist was acknowledging that this world troubled him and in so doing has encouraged all Israel (both national and spiritual Israel) to admit the same thing. This world truly is not my home and I'm not to get so accustomed to it that I forget that fact.

I think it would be nice without having to deal with sin, but then I'm afraid I might not lean so heavily upon the Lord if I felt I could things on my own. I do not pretend to know the mind of God, but I do know that I need Him every moment of my life. Having to deal with my weaknesses draws me closer to His strength.

Paul spoke often about the things of life and how it affects us. He came to the conclusion that he would glory in those things. He did not rejoice because of anything he could do to combat it; rather, he rejoiced because in those moments he felt the presence and power of the Lord Jesus Christ. We read about that in 1 Corinthians chapter 12. And then in Romans chapter 8, he gives us the beautiful news that none of those things which cause us trouble in this life can never separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.  Thank you Lord for your grace upon me!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51