Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: December 12, 2019


Psalm 130:5-6  "I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. (6)  My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning."

Have you ever lay awake at night and hope for daylight? There is a great feeling of restlessness. You hear every noise and even a feeling of dread comes over you. You know the dawn is on the way, but it just cannot arrive fast enough.

When we are in a dark time of life, we have that same feeling. Usually it lasts more than just one night. We sometimes go through seasons when we do not understand why we feel so down. I have heard those times expressed as going through the "mully-grubs" or "can't help it's". You may have your own name for those days. You know the feeling and probably have experienced to one degree or another the very thing I'm talking about.

It is common during this season of the year. Many people express their dread for this time of the year because of this dark feeling. I can understand why some feel the way they do. I don't have a quick answer, other than the two verses. "Wait for the LORD."

I understand the context of these verse is for forgiveness of sins; but I also know that is the answer for many situations of life. When in those dark times, the LORD is with us already, but we sometimes have to wait to experience the knowledge of that. There are times of loneliness when we must wait for the Lord. There are times of anxiety when we must wait for the Lord. There are times when we are afraid when we must wait for the Lord. But the key to each situation is that the Lord is faithful. He will always show Himself to us at just the right moment with mercy and grace to help in each circumstance.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51