Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: December 20, 2019


Psalm 135:3    "Praise the LORD; for the LORD is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant."

The LORD is good. What can I say to add to that? Nothing. That statement stands completely on its own merit. He is good, and everything He does is good. Even though I do not understand all His workings, God is good. The fact is, I do not have to understand all His workings because He is good. I can simply place my trust in Him and the fact that "all thing work together for good for those who love the Lord, for those who are the called according to His purpose."

That being established, now we come to my part and your part. Praise the LORD. That's our responsibility. In all things, praise the Lord. In all we say, praise the Lord. In all we do, praise the Lord. In our attitudes, praise the Lord. In our outlook, praise the Lord. Praise is not only the sound that comes out of our mouths. Praise is the way we approach life and others. Praise ye the Lord.

But, praise also involves our breath and our ability to speak and in today's verse, our songs. Praise ye the Lord. Sing praises unto his name. I love the fact that God loves me so much that He sent His Son into the world to die for my sins. I love the fact that through His love, I have eternal life and have been given the ability and privilege to praise Him. I exhort each of us this coming Sunday, to sing by "letter". Open our mouths and "let 'er fly". Sing with joy. Sing with love. Sing with honor unto the Lord. Let our praises ring throughout the land, for the LORD is good.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51