Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: December 9, 2019


Psalm 128:1    "Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways."

I confess to you that I read this verse this morning and my mind went in the wrong direction with it. I immediately began to think of those who are persecuted for their faith in the Lord Jesus. I began to think of those who have been killed because they refused to deny their Lord. I thought of how there are those in the world who mock and try to defame Christianity. I admit to you that I almost skipped to the next Psalm. But the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "Look at it again."

First, let me share a quick definition of the word, "feareth". It means to hold the Lord in the highest esteem in our hearts and minds. It means to give reverence unto Him. Then the word "walketh" carries more meaning than to just move our feet in a direction. It means our behaviour, our attitudes, yes, the places we go, the manner in which we receive and treat others.

Then, I looked at the word "Blessed." I was looking at that word from a horizontal viewpoint, but the Lord said, "why not look at it from a vertical viewpoint?" What type blessing was I looking for? The greatest blessing any of us can receive is to know that our Lord is walking with us. If He is not walking with us, then it doesn't matter what the world has to offer. Nothing else can fill the void within each one of us. We can be the richest person on earth, but without the Lord we have nothing. I think of the widow who cast her two mites into the treasury. She had nothing, but gave everything as she walked with the Lord. She was blessed beyond measure.

My thought this morning is this: I want to walk with my Lord and realize His presence in my life is the greatest blessing I could ever hope for.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51