Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: November 15, 2019

Psalm 119:130 "The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple."
Psalm 119:135 "Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes."

As a reminder, each section of this particular Psalm starts with a letter of the Hebrew Alphabet. So, we can say we are reviewing the ABC's of the Word of God. How many times have you found yourself singing the Alphabet Song when in the presence of a child? I want to think I'm doing it for their benefit, but in reality I think I am reminding myself that I still know how to say my alphabet.

I realize we have been in this Psalm for quite some time; but, it sure seems to me that God intends for us to spend time in His Word. That is the manner in which He speaks to us. I can assure you that the Holy Spirit of God never gives us directions that are contrary to God's Word. Therefore, we need to be familiar with His Word in order to be able to distinguish the voice that speaks to us. Be assured, Satan and his demons speak to us as well. We are told in the book of 1 John that there are many spirits in the world. They have voices. They use those voices to try to confuse us.

But the Word of God gives light and understanding to us. There is a simplicity that is in Christ Jesus. We tend to allow complications to cause us to stray. The entrance of God's Word gives light and understanding. As we read, we are to think upon the things He speaks to us. As we read, meditate, and the Holy Spirit begins to give us understanding, we can sense the very face of God shining upon us and His smile warming our hearts.

I thank each one for allowing me this time in your life each day. I always say that I do this for a selfish reason. It motivates me to begin my day in the Word of God. Thank you for allowing me to share it with you. God bless you!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51