Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: November 18, 2019

Psalm 119:141 "I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts."

We are about to finish up with this 119th Psalm. As I stated when we began this particular division, this longest chapter of the Bible is concerning "The Bible". I don't want to overload; but yet, the Lord has given us these words to stress the importance of the Word of God.

Today's verse speaks concerning perspective. It might be the way in which others see us, or it might be the way we see ourselves. "I am small and despised." There was a time when only the "elite" had access to the Bible. Things that were taught by them came only through their understanding of what they read. Other people were "common folk" and were not seen as being capable of reading and understanding what God says to His people.

I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit is fully capable of revealing His Word to the "ignorant and unlearned." I use those words because that was the perception of the Apostles. People looked at James and John and considered them to be ignorant and unlearned, but there was one thing they could not dispute. They had been with Jesus. God confirmed His Word through their teaching and their daily lives.

"I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts." God gave His Word to His people. Do not ever think that you are incapable of understanding. I say that because capability does not come through human ability. Every blood bought, Spirit born child of God has the ability to read and understand the Word of God as the Holy Spirit reveals it to them. We must apply ourselves to the reading and the Spirit of God will apply Himself to the understanding. God bless us all to stay in the Word of God.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51