Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: November 25, 2019


Psalm 121:2-5     "My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. (3)  He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. (4)  Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. (5)  The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand."

When you need information, where do you go? When you need medical help, where do you go? When you need directions to get to a specific geographical location, where do you go? The list of questions could go on and on, but you get the idea. When we are lacking knowledge, we go to the proper source of help. I remember a particular time when I was fretting because I could not get a piece of electronic equipment to work properly. I was on a timeline that I needed the video to start playing. People were waiting for me to get the DVD player to begin. I could not get it to start playing. A dear friend reminded me of something that I should have known from the beginning. She asked, "Have you prayed about it?" What? Pray about getting a DVD player to work? Well, no, I had not prayed to ask God to help me. After the conversation, I stopped and asked the Lord to help me. Guess what? I immediately went back to the player, pressed the proper buttons and the video began to play.

My thought this morning is directed to the source of all knowledge and information: the LORD. He Who made heaven and earth is THE source of help in all areas of life. We may think God is "too old" to know about electronics, or mechanics, or physics, or medicine for that matter. But I say to you the LORD is the source of all knowledge. We sometimes refer to people who like to show off as being a "know it all". Yes, I know that is so third grade! But even if we don't say it, we think it. "They think they know it all." But our God indeed knows all things.

Not only does God know all things, He is never asleep. We never have to worry about intruding into His time or waking Him from a nap. He is always a very present help, ready to assist us in our daily lives. He made heaven and earth and all that is in it. He is the creator of electricity. He is the creator of quantum physics. He is the creator of all things and all resources of help are at His fingertips. Why not ask Him for help? He's ready, willing, and able.

I know it is difficult to say those three words: I need help. But why not say them instead of breaking out in a cold sweat because people are waiting for you to push the right buttons? God is able to help in all matters. Again, I say: God is able to help in ALL matters of life. Ask Him for help.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51