Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: January 28, 2020


Psalm 143:10   "Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness."

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven." We pray that each time we pray the Lord's Model prayer. Why do you think Jesus included the words, "thy will be done", in this prayer? I do not pretend to know the absolute mind of Christ, but it seems to me that we need God's help in doing His will. "Teach me to do thy will" for my human will is contrary to the will of God. It is not in the natural mind to know and be able to do God's will in our lives. We would say the two wills are polar opposites.

"Teach me to do thy will." I need to incorporate this into my prayers because God is my God. In previous Psalms, we have committed that into our very being. God is my God. There is no other; therefore, I want to do His will that I might live in accordance to His purpose for my life. Second, I need to incorporate His will into my life in order to walk in fellowship with Him. His Spirit is good. There is no better feeling than to know we are in the will of God and doing what is pleasing to Him. Third, when we are in His will, we are walking in the right paths. We read and quote the 23rd Psalm: "He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake." We can know we are doing the right thing when we are in God's will.

"Lord, I know my will is fashioned according to the things of this world. My will is influenced by the things I see and according to the path my mind takes me. Teach me to do thy will. May your will be done in this earthen vessel called my body as it is done in heaven. I want to walk close to you each day."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51