Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: January 29, 2020


Psalm 144:1-2   "Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: (2)  My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me."

Read these two verses and think about each word. Which word, or words, speak to you this morning? I am finding that as I read the Word of God, my mind stops at the word or phrase or thought that speaks to me at that moment. When I really stop to think about my circumstances at the moment, it reveals my state of being at that time.

For instance, if my mind stops on the words, "my strength," I find I am at a point of weakness and maybe not living up to the place I feel I should be in my Christian walk. If I dwell on the word, "war", I am in somewhat of a battle. Usually my battles are all of my own making. You see what I am trying to convey in this devotion? If He is my high tower and fortress, then quite possibly I am trying to run away from situations and circumstances. All of these are legitimate feelings that we encounter throughout life. That is the reason we should be diligent in reading the Word of God.

The phrase that caught my attention this morning is, "he in whom I trust". I'm not in a battle. I'm not trying to run away from a situation. I always seem to have a sense of inadequacy as I try to do the work given to me by God. Sometimes complete trust can be mistaken for a "don't care" attitude, but it is so important that we learn to throw ourselves upon the Lord. It is important that we learn to express our cares and burdens in our prayer life. Yes, it is so very important to never let our prayer life slip away.

It seems lately that everytime I find a message to myself in the Word of God, there is a song that fits it properly. As I type this morning, I hear the words, "Be not dismayed what e're betide. God will take care of you." He doesn't always do things on our time schedule, but it is so very important that we never allow our trust to slip away. He's all I have and He's all I need. My every need He will supply. He's the Lord of all and He's all I need. It is "he in whom I trust."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51