Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: January 30, 2020


Psalm 144:3    "LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!"

It is so easy to get caught up with the thoughts of being the best, the biggest, the brightest, the most honored, and every other accolade that can be imagined. We have grown up in a competitive world. That's not a bad thing unless taken to the extreme when accomplishments of one are used to tear down the world of another. Or if those accomplishments push out the understanding of our need for God. Quite honestly, I can remember at least one time in my ministry when I went into the pulpit thinking, "I'm really going to bless these people today." I went in like a peacock and came out like a weasel. God allowed me to see what I am capable of doing on my own.

After seeing what I am capable of doing, which is nothing, then I come to the place of the Psalmist in asking, "LORD, what is man, that thou takes knowledge of him?" As the song written by Rusty Goodman says, "Who am I that a King would come and die for?" Who am I that God would even take a thought concerning me?

God even admits to us that He understands how weak we are. Psalm 103, our frame is as the dust of the earth. Isaiah 40, He tells us of our insignificance, we are "as a drop in the bucket." He tells us these things as a reminder to us, but His love and care for us is 100% all the time. I can not fathom the depth of His love for me. I cannot fathom the depth of His care for me. It is amazing to me that I am in His thoughts 100% of the time. Even in those times when I feel I am all alone and cannot take another step, God has me in His loving arms. He gives grace sufficient. It seems to me that He measures out His daily portions of grace to be sufficient for the need of today. Tomorrow's grace will come.... tomorrow. He gives grace sufficient for the moment.

God knows where we are, and what we are going through, at all times. Trust His grace for this moment to be sufficient for the need for right now. I assure you - no, God assures you that He knows and understands where you are. Trust Him for each moment.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51