Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: January 9, 2020


Psalm 139:1  "O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me."

The theological term for this verse is "sovereignty". God is sovereign. I'm searching how to say this in the shortest, most direct manner. God is able to stand alone without any outside help whatsoever. God knows all things. He sees all things. He is in all places at all times. He has all power. He answers to no one; yet, every one answers to Him. God is God. I'm thankful.

This 139th Psalm speaks of God's sovereignty and His loving grace toward us. As I read this verse of Scripture, I can say: "God knows my deepest, most innermost thought. He knows everything about me. He knows more about me than I know about myself.

Do you want to know what, to me, is the wonder of it all? He knows everything about me and He still loves me. What wondrous love is this, O my soul!   Be thankful for the Almighty God who is higher than the highest, greater than the greatest, the authority of all authority and yet takes the time to know a sinner like me.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51