Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: January 15, 2020


Psalm 139:23-24   "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:  (24)  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

What a prayer! Search me, O God, and know my heart. Do we realize how deceitful our heart can be? Sometimes, we can fool others? Sometimes, we can even fool ourselves. But I assure  you, we cannot fool God. Search my heart, O God. Look deep inside me to see what my heart truly holds. Lord, please search deep in those back folds of my heart where I seldom go. When I ask God to search those places, I am in essence asking Him to look, find, bring to the surface, and cleanse from my heart. Help me Lord to be clean deep inside my being. Help me Lord to turn from those ways that are opposing to thee.

See if there be any wicked way in me. Lord, I know I tend to place into compartments those things which I know to be wrong. But Lord, I truly know that there are things which I tend to overlook because I do not see them as they truly are opposite to  you. See if there be any wicked way - See if there be anything that you deem to be wickedness. And then Lord as you release and cleanse it, please replace it with those things which are absolutely right in your sight. I want to walk in your way, dear Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51