Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Who Knows Us - Isaiah 29:5

Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us? – Isaiah 29:15
Sometimes being honest with yourself is the hardest thing. We hide our feelings and our frustrations. Hide our failures and our shortcomings. Most of all we hide what shames us.
Hide though we might, we cannot escape the eyes of God. Isaiah pronounced woe to anyone who tries to hide from God for it shows that they know their works are evil and they seek to cover them up adding deceit to their list of sins. Brothers and sisters take your sins to the Lord as burdens to shed rather than hiding them. We cannot deceive God.
Remember the words of David, “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee” (Psalm 139:7-12)
Pray for the power to repent. We are children of the Light. Live in the Light.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51