Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: John 6:26-27

John 6:26-27    "Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.  (27)  Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed."

This is the day after Jesus had fed the multitude with the five loaves and two small fishes. This is the morning after Jesus had gone walking on the water to the aid of His disciples. The people were looking for Jesus and realized neither He nor His disciples were still in that place. They got into ships and came to Capernaum seeking Jesus. They did not understand how Jesus could have gotten from one side of the sea to the other.

Jesus knows the very thoughts and intentions of our innermost being. He replied to them as they enquired of Him, "Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled." Jesus knew their reasoning for seeking Him. Jesus knew. Jesus knows. He knows the very thoughts and intentions of my heart. He knows why I seek Him. I can fool myself, but I cannot fool Jesus.

My heart is stirred this morning as I write this. Why do I seek Jesus in my daily walk? Am I looking for the blessing or am I looking for the One Who does the blessing? Am I more interested in results? Or do I seek fellowship with the very Son of God? Is there a difference? Again, I'm searching my heart this morning. Is there a difference between the blessing and the fellowship with the Blessor? As I pause just now, my heart is telling me I want to be filled with His presence - not just His presents.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51