Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: John 6:37-39

John 6:37-39    "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.  (38)  For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.  (39)  And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day."

Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ? Isn't that a wonderful blessing? Do you believe in Him so much that you love Him? Isn't that a wonderful feeling and blessing to be able to express your love for Jesus? Have you felt His presence being so close to you that you could reach out and touch Him? Or even better than that, have you felt His presence so close that you could feel the touch of His hand on you?  Most of us love the Bill Gaither song, "He Touched Me."  "He touched me and ohhh the joy that floods my soul. Something happened, and now I know... He touched me and made me whole."

What do all those thoughts have to do with today's verses of Scripture? Let me try to connect the dots. If you believe in Him, it is because He gave you faith to believe in Him. It was not something we simply made a decision that we would start believing. If you love the Lord Jesus, it is because He first loved you. If you have expressed your love for and to Him, it is because He first expressed His love for and to you. If you have felt His presence, it was because He first came to you and revealed Himself to you.  

If you came to Jesus, it was because our Heavenly Father gave you to Him. Carefully read the passages of Scripture again. For me, these verses of Scripture have given me comfort time and time again. There is an insurance company that says you are in good hands with them. This morning, let us understand we are in perfect hands with the Lord Jesus Christ. We were drawn to Him because of God's amazing grace. He promises never to cast us out, or throw us away. Isn't that wonderful?  Have you ever wondered, "How could God love me?"  The answer is because of His amazing saving and preserving grace.

Jesus said, "I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." What was the Father's will? God sent His Son into this world to redeem us, to pay the debt of sin that was against us.  A debt we could never pay on our own. Jesus paid it.  He either paid it all, or He paid nothing toward that debt. I say, "Jesus paid it all." He came to do the will of the Father and on the cross He declared, "It is finished." He paid it all. He came to die for all that the Father gave to Him in a covenant (promise) of grace. Jesus said, "I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day."  That gives me the absolute satisfaction and contentment, hope, and peace in the work of my Lord Jesus. His blood is sufficient to pay the price of the debt I owed. I am His because of His work, and only because of His work.

Are you at peace with the work of our Lord? I pray so, because there is nothing to be added to it. He did the will of the Father and by the authority of the words of Jesus Christ, I can say He will lose nothing!  All that the Father gave to Him will come to Him and have an eternal home in heaven's glory.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51