Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: John 9:24-25

John 9:24-25    "Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.  (25)  He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see."

This poor man was being "put through the wringer" by the Scribes and Pharisees. They could not fathom anyone having their eyes opened and able to see for the first time from birth. They asked time after time how it had been done and who did it. Finally the man put it as plainly as he possibly could have: "He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see."  You and I have the blessing of being able to read this with the understanding that the One Who did this great deed was none other than the Lord Jesus Christ. The Pharisees' eyes were blinded to this great truth. They heard it strictly from the natural sense. He put mud on my eyes. I washed. Now I see. How could this possibly happen?

As a result, they called for the man's parents to come. The parents were fearful of the Pharisees and would not even confess that their son had been blind or that now he could see. Can you imagine being under such control by another that they would not even acknowledge such a great miracle. Their answer to the Pharisees: "He is of age. Go ask him." The Pharisees tried to say the man was never blind to begin with. They did everything in their power to deny this great miracle performed by Jesus.

They have now called the man that WAS blind before them once again. "Give God the praise: we know that this man (Jesus) is a sinner."  The man who was blind gave such a marvelous answer: "Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see."  There are many things in the Scripture that do not have a logical explanation according to human reasoning. No, it does not make sense to the natural mind that One could use spittle of clay to open eyes that had never been able to see. It makes no sense, especially when the natural mind computes the One Who did this great feat as being a carpenter.  That just does not happen - in the natural realm of life, does it?

But the Spiritual mind, born of the Spirit of God, understands this One Who performed this great miracle was none other than the very Son of God. When the young man's eyes were opened and repetitively questioned concerning this matter, his only answer could come from his very heart. "I was blind, now I see."  Sometimes our only explanation is that which we have experienced in our lives.  I once loved sin. Now I loathe sin. I'm not perfect, but the One Who is perfect has anointed my heart with His amazing saving grace. I do "give God the praise" for He alone through Christ Jesus has healed my heart.  

There was a time in my life when the song, Amazing Grace, meant nothing to me. It meant nothing because I had not experienced that grace in my life. "I once was lost, but now am found. T'was blind, but now I see."  Praise God!!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51