Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Hebrews 1:8

Hebrews 1:8    "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom."

We serve the risen Lord who is KING of kings and LORD of lords. He reigns and rules in His kingdom. We often hear these verses quoted.  "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9-11)

Do we really stop to think about the meaning of these verses? What are we confessing when we bow to Him and confess Him to be Lord?  If I say it from my heart, then I am confessing Jesus Christ to be King of my life. I am confessing Him to be the authoritative Ruler of my life. His kingdom is now in force and full effect in my life.

Each king has a sceptre which serves as the insignia of his kingdom. So it is with King Jesus. He has a sceptre and His sceptre is a sceptre of righteousness.  Let me repeat this portion of today's text.  "A sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." His authority is that which is right and true. His will and design for my life is that which is right. As I bow to Him in prayer, I am to acknowledge His will to be good, right, and perfect for my life. His love and care for me is everlasting. I can bow in submission to Him with the assurance He will lead me in those right paths.

Lord, may I walk in the path of righteousness which you have set before me. May my life honor you as my true King as I walk in your kingdom each day.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51