Skip to main content

Daily devotion: Wells Of Salvation - Isaiah 12:2-3

painting1

Isaiah 12:2-3 – Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

On the way to Jerusalem from Galilee, Jesus once stopped at a well in Samaria.  After speaking with the woman at the well, the Savior revealed to the woman that though she might dip earthly water from that well, He could give her living water that would spring up within her unto eternal life.  Of course she asked for this living water. (John 4:5-43) She had found the well promised in Isaiah, or rather He had found her.

The well of salvation found in Jesus remains the source of salvation and eternal life today.  We can rejoice with Isaiah for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song and your strength and your song as well.  In Jesus, God has not only someone who saves me, but He has become the very means of my salvation.  His life was given for your life and mine.  His righteousness was imputed for your sins and mine.

Because of Jesus, we can draw water out of the wells of salvation with joy in our hearts.  So grab a cup and drink deeply.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51