Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Rest In Hope - Psalm 16:8-10

 

I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. – Psalm 16:8-10

The life of Jesus Christ from birth onward was destined for His eventual crucifixion and resurrection. It cannot be avoided that our Salvation led Him to the cross, however, nothing could defeat the Lord of Hosts Incarnate. His body suffered death, but His eternal Spirit brought Him back to life.

Certainly nothing is more amazing than the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. Even in the Bible, no one in history was resurrected without another person’s involvement. Innocent of sin, Christ “was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification” (Romans 4:25).

When next you look upon a manger scene, remember that Jesus was born to save His people from their sins. Your sins and mine sent Jesus to Calvary. May God be praised that because of Jesus, we may rest in hope with Christ that we will not be left in the grave. We shall rise to the glory of God.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51