Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 16:1-3

Psalm 16:1-3    "Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.  (2)  O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee;  (3)  But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight."

The dear old hymn states, "Nothing in my hand I bring. Simply to Thy cross I cling" (Rock of Ages, August Toplady)  In this Psalm, David is realizing and publicly stating there is nothing about him that would deem him to be worthy of even crying out to the Lord.  "My goodness extends not to you, O Lord." I have no goodness. I have nothing in my hand that I can bring to present to you that would cause you to even take notice of my existence. Yet, Lord, You in mercy have given open handed access to the very throne of Heaven. As I approach your throne, I cry for mercy and grace to help in time of need. Thank you Lord for your sufficient grace that is made even more clear and distinct in my weakness.

Lord, since I have nothing that I can give to you, thank you that you have given opportunity that I might serve you by serving others. Please show me the opportunity to use your goodness, which has been instilled in me, for the well-being of others.  Use me, O Lord. Show me how best to serve.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51