Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 16:11

Psalm 16:11    "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

One of the first sentences learned by many, if not most, children contains these words: "I can do it by myself."  The sad part is this sentence tends to remain with most of us throughout all our lives.  "Let me help you with that.... No thanks, I can do it myself."   "Here are the instructions to assemble it... Nah, I don't need those. I can do it myself."

Did you read what God said to each of us through His servant, David?  He said, "I will show you the path of life."  He who declares the end from the beginning says, "I will show you the way."  He who has His design upon our lives to the degree that He will lead us into a life of joy and peace says, "I will show you the way."  What is the tendency of most people?  "Thanks, but no thanks. I can do it myself."

I sit here and run the survey of my life. I look back and see so many times that I took the path of "do it myself" only to find myself in a dry place where there is no peace and there is no joy.  There is great fulfillment in taking heart at today's verse. God says, "I will show you the way and when you walk with me, you will find perfect joy in your life. Instead of sadness, discouragement, and sorrow, you will find pleasures evermore."

What should be my response to this one verse that is the key to peace and joy?  I humbly bow myself before the Lord of Glory and by faith I say, "Lord, please show me the way. Father, I want to walk with you everyday. I want your joy and your pleasure in my life for which there is never a call to repent when I walk with you."   I believe you Lord and I need you.  "Precious Lord, take my hand and let me stand" in your presence.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51