Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 16:7-9

Psalm 16:7-9    "I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.  (8)  I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.  (9)  Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope."

You would think that after preaching the Word of God for almost 36 years that I would be established in many things that I am now finding to be fascinating.  I have said it on so many occasions that God meets us where we are and speaks to our situations and circumstances.  Maybe He has been speaking to circumstances in my life and now in this new chapter, He is taking me to a place where He is saying, "Stop and listen to me."  I say all that in my way of saying, "I am blessing the LORD".  By that I mean I am trying to praise Him because in this new chapter, He is giving grace sufficient for each day.  Trust me when I say, You can depend upon God's Word when we stop to listen to what He is saying.  "He is giving me (proper and true) counsel and in His controlling the reins of my heart and mind, He is instructing me in the night (dark) seasons of life."

I have set the LORD before me. He is my right hand to guide me, to hold me up to keep me from stumbling, and to make sure I go in the proper direction. Even in this time of the unknown, my heart is glad as I write this devotion this morning.  "My glory rejoiceth."  What?  My glory?  Yes, my glory is in the Lord and I believe He is rejoicing with me as we have come to this place in life where we can only lean upon Him and trust His counsel, His wisdom. Even in our prayers for the doctors, we pray for the Lord to direct them with His Godly wisdom. Because I am trusting in the Lord and not man, I "rest in hope."

I write this to try to express my heart at this time, but also to try to give words to anyone else who may be groping in the dark, trying to find your way. The Lord is the LIGHT of our lives. Seek Him through His Word and then Trust Him.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51