Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 18:31-33

Psalm 18:31-33    "For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?  (32)  It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.  (33)  He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places."

For a long time, I wrestled with the question in verse 31. "Who is God, save the LORD?" I kept thinking that is speaking of the same person, isn't it?  The answer, of course, is yes it should be speaking of the same person; however, we should examine ourselves in that question?  "For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock, save our God?"  To truly answer these questions, we must be settled in the truth of the beginning statement of this Psalm.  Remember David's opening statement in verse one, "I will love thee, O LORD, my strength." Who is God in my life? The answer must lie in the very core of my heart. Who, or what, is the ultimate love in my life?  Who is God? Who is the very One upon whom I have set my affections? Who occupies the thoughts of my heart? Who is the One that I want to please, more than anyone else?

In these verses, David is once again doing a check on his heart and mind. In whom do I place my total love and dependence? Who is the very One that I must have in my life in order to have stability and strength to get through each day?  I think we can all agree that to a large extent the world is trying to train us to place dependence upon self or things that are man made. Our minds are being swayed by cute commercials and sometimes outright lies to sway us to place our trust in man. But if we are truthful to ourselves, we must come to the conclusion that there is only One that I can depend upon in every circumstance of life that I must face.  Who is my God? Who is my stability? Who gives me strength for today? Who guides me in the right paths? Who enables my feet to stand when I'm facing the toughest struggle that life could throw at me?  There can only be one answer that is true and constant.

Who is my God? Who is my rock?  "It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.  (33)  He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places." May we think on these things and be settled in our own hearts and minds.

From the Hymn, Great is thy Faithfulness by Thomas Chisholm....

"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!"

“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!”

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51