Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 18:48-50

Psalm 18:48-50    "He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.  (49)  Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.  (50)  Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore."

"He delivereth me."  This is such a beautiful and wonderful statement. In all of life's struggles, He delivers me. From my own negative imaginations, He delivers me. When I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders, He delivers me.  Think about that. Think back on your life, can you remember a time, or times, when you know without a shadow of a doubt that the LORD delivered you? Certainly David could think back on those times. Humanly speaking, the lion was stronger than David. Humanly speaking, the bear was stronger than David. Humanly speaking, Goliath was stronger and larger and more experienced than David. Is it any wonder that David began this Psalm with the words, "I will love thee, O LORD."

I've seen the lightning flashing and heard the thunder roll;
I've felt sin's breakers dashing, trying to conquer my soul;
I've heard the voice of Jesus telling me still to fight on;
He promised never to leave me, Never to leave me alone.

The world's fierce winds are blowing, temptations are sharp and keen;
I feel a peace in knowing my Savior stands between--
He stands to shield me from danger when earthly friends are gone;
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone.

Do you believe that precious promise? "For He hath said, I will NEVER leave thee nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)  How did David respond to the promise of the Lord?  Yes, He declared his love for the Lord; but also, he ended this Psalm with the words, "Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD."  I can say as I write these words, "Lord I do love you. You have delivered me from my enemies and more than that you have delivered me from myself. I thank you for your faithfulness to me." 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51