Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 22:22

Psalm 22:22 "I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee."

David made many commitments unto the Lord. We know he was not a perfect man by any stretch of the imagination, but his heart was filled with love for God. Many times throughout the Psalms, we read the words, "I will love thee, O LORD."

Today's verse tells of another commitment: "I will declare thy name unto the brethren." David certainly fulfilled that commitment throughout the Psalms. No doubt David's love for the Lord has been published and read in every generation since he wrote and declared his love and dependence upon the Lord

But this verse, as in all the 22nd Psalm speaks of the suffering of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus the Christ. Even though David wrote these words, they are prophetic of the coming Messiah who would lay down His life for His people. Certainly, Jesus declared the name of the Lord from early in life to the last breath He took on the earth.

 "I must be about my Father's business." Those words were not spoken about Joseph; rather Jesus was declaring the name of the Lord God Almighty. As He hung up on the cross, we can hear Jesus saying, "It is finished. Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." All points between these times, Jesus was speaking of the Father.

 As I see the examples of David and Jesus, I am reminded that I also must be about my Father's business. I need to be more diligent in declaring the name of the Lord. We live in a time when the Lord's name must be spoken in reverence and with the understanding of hope in our Heavenly Father. Will you join me in committing our conversation to include the precious name of Jesus as we speak to people each day?

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51