Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 22:26-28

Psalm 22:26-28   "The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.  (27)  All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.  (28)  For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations."

"The meek shall eat and be satisfied."  Is this talking about the natural food that we put in our bodies?  Well, it could apply to those who have learned to be satisfied with certain sized portions.  But this statement goes much deeper than natural food. "The meek shall eat and be satisfied"... with the blessings of the Lord that are found in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  I asked myself this morning, "Am I satisfied with following Jesus on a daily basis? Am I satisfied with the Spiritual bread that feeds my soul?  What do I seek to give me contentment and satisfaction? Do I look for things in the world that I think will make me complete? Or - Do I think I cannot be satisfied unless I am in possession of material things? The world order tries their best to convince us that we need "things" in order to have a fulfilled life.

Why is it important that I discipline myself to be content with the spiritual blessings that are given to me on a daily basis? I pray I can give my answer in such a manner that fully expresses what I am trying to say.  Satan tries to convince us that he has full control of things in this world. The world then tries to convince us they have the answer to all our problems and struggles. We can listen to them and find ourselves going deeper into a state of trying to fulfill my deepest innermost need.  Temporary things cannot fill that need - ONLY JESUS! David tells us of the importance of turning to the Lord in Whom we are complete. I wonder if he had his own son, Solomon, in mind in trying to find this completion. Solomon wrote the entire book of Ecclesiastes concerning this subject. He tried everything before he was brought to the realization that only the Lord can bring true contentment in life.

"For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and HE is the governor among the nations."  The kingdom is the LORD'S.  What is meant when we see the word, kingdom? Let's use the biblical definition to consider what David is saying. "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." (Romans 14:17)  Both David and Paul are telling us, by inspiration of God, that material things will never bring us peace and joy in life. So how do we achieve that place where we can have true peace and joy in life?  This, by the way, is the true kingdom of God on this earth that we can only find by doing the right thing (righteousness).  We don't need to try to complicate matters. We simply need to seek the authority of Christ in our lives and follow Him. May we submit ourselves to "the (true) governor among the nations." 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51