Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 56:2-4

Psalm 56:2-4    "Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High. (3) What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. (4) In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me."

I'm finding more and more each day that our peace of heart and mind depends greatly upon what we are focused upon.  

If I am focused on my fear, then my fear devours me. 

If I am focused on my anxieties, then anxiety devours me. 

It's the same for jealousy, anger, or any other negative emotion.

What is the answer?

We find it in verse 2, "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee."

Trust the power of the Lord God Almighty.  His grace is sufficient for every need. Call upon His name. Cry out to Him if the need is great. Don't try to carry it by yourself. It will get the best of you.

He will indeed lift you up!

Trust Him!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51