Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 27:1-3

Psalm 27:1-3    "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?  (2)  When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.  (3)  Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident."

I've often heard it said of certain people, "You are strong and will make it through this situation."  I understand the sentiment behind the statement, but I also know there are times when we just are not strong enough to get ourselves through a period of time in life.  So, how do we make it? How do we know what decisions to make and when to make them? How do we get beyond obstacles that are placed in our path?

As I read today's verses, the Lord gave me a new understanding concerning them. When I say a new understanding, I'm not saying He has shown me something that others have never seen. I'm saying He gave me a new understanding concerning these verses and life's struggles. Let me try to share those simple thoughts with you.

When I cannot see my way, or know which way to go in life, the Lord sees it for me. He is my light. When I cannot deliver myself from or through a troubled time, He is my deliverance. The Lord is my salvation. When I do not feel strong enough to be able to get through struggles, He is my strength. He is strong enough to help me. When I cannot overcome those inner enemies that constantly attack me through my thoughts, He will overcome them for me.  Those battles that I fight within my mind will be fought and won by the grace of God.

You see, the truth of the matter is not concerning my intellect, my strength, or my ability. The true path of success in life comes by way of exercising the God given faith that His children possess.  I can read verses one through three all I want, but until I believe the truth of those statements in my heart, I will continue to think that I have to get myself through the struggles of life.  As the childhood song says, "We are weak, but He is strong.... YES, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me!  Yes, Jesus loves me! For the Bible tells me so."  Believe it. Trust it. Live it.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51