Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 30:6-7

Psalm 30:6-7    "And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.  (7)  LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled."

In the weakness of our human nature, we sometimes are tempted to think life as we know it on earth will go on forever. We especially go that direction in thought when everything is going our way. David said, "I am at the top of my game and nothing can change it."  But then something happened. We aren't certain what his "mountain" was that stood strong and disrupted his plans, but something caused his life to come to a place where he could go no farther. He was troubled. It seemed even that the Lord had hid his face from him. Yet in this time of upheaval, David was blessed to see the Lord's favour (grace) in his life even by making that "mountain to stand strong."  

In that time of darkness, David held to this fact, "weeping may endure a night, but joy comes in the morning."  We can respond in two different ways when we are in the darkness of our night seasons. We can sit and mire in our grief or we can use that time to seek the Lord and His divine help. David chose the latter.  Let's look at some of his actions as he reveals them through the remaining portion of this Psalm. "I cried to thee, O LORD..... Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper."

The end result for David is found in the last two verses of that Psalm.  "Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;  (12)  To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever." (Psalm 30:11-12)  Yes, David could rejoice even when the obstacle in his life would not be moved. He could rejoice even in the night seasons of his life. He knew joy was coming in the morning and he would be able to sing praise unto the Lord for God's amazing grace that is sufficient for every need.

Dallas Holm sang...
Hold on my child
Joy comes in the morning
Weeping only last for the night
Hold on my child
Joy comes in the morning
The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51