Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 31:14-15

Psalm 31:14-15    "But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.  (15)  My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me."

"O LORD, Thou art my God."   My God is Jehovah, the Self-Existent One. He is the One and Only True God. All other gods of the world are invented by man and cannot do anything without the assistance of man.  But my God is in the heavens and He does as He pleases. No one can enable Him and no one can help Him and no one can stop Him from doing "his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand." Ask Nebuchadnezzar about that. (Daniel 4:35) This is my God.

You and I can take that even farther because in the fullness of time, it was revealed to us just how deep the grace of God has been extended to us. For you see, in the fullness of time, God sent forth His Son. He was made of a woman (virgin), conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born that night in a stable in Bethlehem. He came to this earth to redeem the people of God.  He was the ultimate example of all we should be, but we couldn't because of our sin nature. We needed more than just an example. We needed someone to pay the debt for our sins.  That third cross on Calvary's Hill belonged to me and you, but Jesus took our place. Jesus paid the wages of sin for us. The Holy Spirit imparted life into us when He placed a new heart that is born of God.  This is my God. I trust Him. How about you?

Now that we have stated who our God truly is, we can now say "My times are in thy hand."  Wow, this takes us deeper into that arena of faith and trust. Are we ready to go that deep?  Are we ready to let go of the "control wheel" of our lives and trust the grace and mercy of our Lord?  David had more than one opportunity to take revenge on those who were against him. Instead, he placed his trust and confidence in the Lord. And in God's timing, David was placed as king of Israel because God had made that determination. Are we willing to trust the Lord?  

My times (my life) is in your hand, O LORD my God.  You have proven your love to me. You have proven your wisdom to me. You have proven your righteousness to me.  Now Lord, I want to place my complete trust in you. My life is in your hand.

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:  (7)  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5:6-7) 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51