Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 35:10

Psalm 35:10     "All my bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him?"

This is a continuation from the past couple days.  David is reaching out to the Lord, (Lord, please)  "Say to my soul, I am thy salvation." In response to that, he says, "My soul (truly) rejoices in thy salvation."  And now as he reflects back upon the deliverances of the Lord, he asks himself, with great joy and triumph, this question, "Lord, who is like unto thee?"  The progression of our daily walk with the Lord is truly amazing. The more we realize His presence and His help, the closer we draw to the truth of His Person.  We can use Scripture to answer David's question. The Lord Himself answered the question for us.   "Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and THERE IS NONE LIKE ME." (Isaiah 46:9)

I admit that in the time we live, it is much too easy to take our thoughts away from God. That is not a legitimate excuse, but it seems to be the truth.  Did David spend 24 hours a day thinking about the goodness of the Lord?  Probably not. Do you and I think about the goodness of the Lord every moment of every day? Probably not. We're just being honest here, aren't we?  But David exercised his heart and mind toward the Lord on a regular basis in his everyday activities.  Watching the sheep, he looked up to seek the Lord's presence and help.  Being a proper son and brother, he looked up to seek the Lord's presence and help. As a dear friend to Jonathan, he looked up to seek the Lord's presence and help. Instead of getting revenge on King Saul, David looked up to seek the Lord's presence and help.  It was during those times when he did not look up that he found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Because David sought the Lord during everyday situations, he was able to know from experience that the Lord would indeed speak to his soul.  I keep repeating this, but it is very important to our encountering situations and dealing with issues of life. David was able to draw from past experiences in order for his faith to be strengthened each day.  When David asked the question, "Who is like unto thee?", he already knew the answer. The Lord had shown Himself to be strong on David's behalf and his confidence grew by each day.

This morning, can I answer the question asked by David?  Can I say from the depth of my heart that there is none like unto the Lord. There is no other upon whom I can depend.  May my faith grow each day as I seek to walk with the Lord. 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51