Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 37:35-37

Psalm 37:35-37    "I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.  (36)  Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.  (37)  Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace."

Magicians make a good living by using sleight of hand and deceiving the eye.  I start with that sentence because sometimes we rely upon our eyes to be our guide through the things of life. We see things and then make judgment by what we see and hear.  I, for one, know that I cannot trust my eyesight nor my hearing. (Yes, I actually said that.)  David said, "I have seen the wicked in great power and spreading himself...."  You and I see things, sometimes real, sometimes imagined, that cause us to catch our breath and wonder, "How far will it spread?"   God tells us those things will pass. Sometimes those things are brought onto us for judgement that will press us closer to God.

As we press closer to God, we are blessed to see that which is true.  "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) There is no other way to find peace and contentment than through the Lord Jesus Christ. The wicked promise to take care of the people when they are only feeding themselves. Again the words of Jesus, "I am the way, the truth, and the life."  The wicked promise prosperity as they take money from your pockets. Jesus says, " I am the way, the truth, and the life."  The wicked say you can find shade under their shadow. I again refer you to the words of Jesus.

The Lord tells us through the Psalmist David, "Mark the perfect man." Who is the perfect man? Again, the words of Jesus: "I am...."  He is that perfect man and we are to give Him our full regard. We are to wait for and watch for Him and listen for and to Him. Why is it important for us to mark, watch for, THAT MAN? "For the end of that man is peace."   He has promised this for us. While we are waiting, we are to "stop, look, and listen" for that perfect man.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51