Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 40:16

Psalm 40:16    "Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified."

In looking back, what would you think would be the most often thing for which you sought the Lord? I confess most of the time, I am asking for something. I have a need or I have a desire for which I seek the Lord's help.  As I read this verse of Scripture this morning, I admit I have a feeling of guilt in my heart and mind. You see, I am guilty of seeking "things".  The Psalmist David was not necessarily thinking about things; rather, he was thinking of seeking the Lord.

This morning, my thoughts are on the Lord, Himself.  "Let all those that seek THEE ....."  This morning, I am trying to look beyond the blessing (of which I am super abundantly blessed). But today, I am looking beyond the blessing to seek fellowship with my Lord Jesus Christ. I love His salvation which has freed me from the bondage of sin. The more that I magnify Him, the less desire I have for the things of the world.

"The LORD be magnified."  I love you Lord Jesus. You are greater than any adjective I could use to describe you. I exalt you above all my needs. I exalt you above all my wants. I exalt you above the storms of life. I exalt you above the most beautiful days of life. I magnify you above all else. You are Lord.

"I Love you Lord" by Laurie Klein

I love you, Lord
And I lift my voice
To worship You
Oh, my soul, rejoice!

Take joy my King
In what You hear
Let it be a sweet, sweet sound

In Your ear 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51