Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 41:13

Psalm 41:13    "Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen."

It is said this verse concludes the first division of the Psalms. Notice how it concludes: "Amen, and Amen."  According to the concordance, the word, "amen" means "faithfulness, truly, so be it, truth."   I remember Elder Charlie McClendon, when he was blessed by a message, would boldly proclaim, "Amen, and I do mean Amen!"

To what was the Psalmist declaring, "Amen, and Amen"?  What was/is "faithfulness, truly, so be it, truth"? "Blessed be the LORD God of Israel."  How highly do we esteem the Lord? I find myself thinking about this more and more. Why do I esteem Him?  Maybe I'm the only one who feels the need to re-evaluate my thoughts concerning my Lord.  It seems I feel the need more and more just to think upon the Lord and to ask Him to bless me with His presence.  Do you ever feel alone? Even among a crowd of people, there are times when loneliness overtakes us.

What is the remedy to that?  What is it that fills and fulfills us? For me, it is to feel the very presence of the Lord God Almighty and His precious Son, Jesus Christ. It is the blessed assurance that my feelings cannot be trusted, but the faithful truth of the matter is my Lord has promised to never leave me. To that I say, "Amen, and I do mean Amen."  

"For in him (Jesus) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power." (Colossians 2:9-10) Without Jesus, I am nothing. Without Jesus, I can do nothing. With Jesus, I am all that God says I am. I am more than a conqueror through Him who loves me with an unconditional love. With Jesus, I can do all things that strengthen me.  To that I say, "Amen, and I do mean Amen."

Why did David say, "Amen, and Amen"?  He was made to understand the truth of God's blessedness in every situation. In good times and in rough times, God is blessed and holy. When life is going our way, God is blessed and holy. When life seems upside down, God is blessed and holy. God does not change according to our situations and circumstances. From everlasting, and to everlasting, God is blessed!  To that I say, "Amen, and I do mean Amen."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51