Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 57:7

Psalm 57:7    "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise."

In the first six verses, David speaks of his being placed among those who seek to destroy him. But the overall theme of those verses is concerning the greatness of our God. He is determined that even among such distorted and perverted individuals, his goal was to exalt the name of the Lord.  "Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth." (Psalm 57:5)

Wouldn't it be wonderful and a "world changing" position if all of God's people spent as much time worshiping and honoring God as they ( we - I ) spend doing the things of the world?  As I watched one of the football games recently, I couldn't help thinking about the level of intensity that was placed into that game - by the fans.  What would happen if even half that intensity was placed into worshiping our God?

David said, "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise."   I think of three different applications when I see the word, "fixed".  First of all, my heart is "fixed", that is, it has been repaired. Actually it went more than being repaired. My Lord gave me a new heart when He came into my life and gave me the new birth.  I will sing and praise Him because of my new heart. Second, I will use the southern application.  I am "fix'n" to sing and give praise unto the Lord. That means, I am about to start and nothing is going to stop me from praising my Lord for all He has done, is doing, and is going to do for me. And then the third application is what I believe David was meaning in this verse. In that application, David was saying, "My heart is in a fixed position, or set, to worship through song and praise."  That application is like that song, "I shall not be, I shall not be moved."

This morning, how is it with my heart? Is my heart fixed (repaired) and ready to worship? Am I "fix'n" or getting prepared to worship my Lord through song and praise? Am I set in that nothing will prevent me from offering my sacrifices of praise unto my Lord?

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51