Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 65:11-13

Psalm 65:11-13    "Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.  (12)  They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness: and the little hills rejoice on every side.  (13)  The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing."

I remember thinking when I was a boy that I would not live past 30 years old. That seemed so old, even ancient to me. Now here I am two times that plus some years. In fact, as I think about this subject, I am at the point of appointed years. We are told in Psalm 90:10, "The days of our years are threescore years and ten." If my math is correct, that is 70 years.  

This morning, I look back on those 70 years and realize that I probably wasted more time than I should.  But through it all - (Wouldn't that make a good song? Oh, yes it already is a beautiful song) - Through it all, my Lord has crowned my years with His goodness, mercy, and grace. God is so good. He's so good to me. Can you agree with that? I look back and the blessings far outweigh any setback that I may have experienced. Even when I was wandering in my own darkness, the Lord was dropping His blessings - as it is said in the book of Ruth, His "handfuls of purpose" - Those blessings were in place every time I felt the need. I'm so thankful that now He has blessed me to realize that I need Him every moment of every day of my life.

I look back and the struggles were of my own doing. The blessings were of His mercy. My response to His grace is singing His praise and shouting for joy!  God is so very very good. Praise His Holy Name.  

My thoughts this morning are wandering about, but I pray that each of us will take time today to say, "Thank you Lord for your blessings on me."

I’ve had many tears and sorrows,
I’ve had questions for tomorrow,
there’s been times I didn’t know right from wrong.
But in every situation,
God gave me blessed consolation,
that my trials come to only make me strong.

I thank God for the mountains,
and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.
For if I’d never had a problem,
I wouldn’t know God could solve them,
I’d never know what faith in God could do.

Through it all,
through it all,
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,
I’ve learned to trust in God.

Through it all,
through it all,
I’ve learned to depend upon His Word.

(Andrae Crouch) 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51