Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 66:16-17

Psalm 66:16-17    "Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.  (17)  I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue."

"Come and hear."  David had something to talk about.  He could speak with all clarity and authority. He could sing boldly, "God is so good! God is so good! God is so good, He's so good to me."  Did you sing that as you read it?  "Come and hear."  Let me tell you about my God. Let me tell you what He has done for me. Let me tell you of His goodness, His mercy, and His grace.  Let me tell you how He delivered me from the paw of the lion and bear. Let me tell you how He directed the stone to the only spot on Goliath's body that was exposed. "God is so good, He's so good to me."

Toward the end of his life, David said, "Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure." (2 Samuel 23:5)  In other words, David was saying, "Lord, though I have often failed you, you have NEVER failed me. You have made a promise that will be for all eternity, even though I'm not worthy."  "God is so good, He's so good to me."

How is it with you this morning?  Has God been good to you?  Even though we have not always been as faithful to God as we should be, can you say with David, "God has ordered His covenant to me. I belong to Him."  "Come and hear."  That tells me that I need to be sharing with others the very goodness of our Lord. Yes, "God is so good. He's so good to me."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51