Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 67:5-7

Psalm 67:5-7    "Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.  (6)  Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.  (7)  God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him."

Not wanting to add anything to the Word of God, I would understand if the word, "Selah" was placed at the end of these passages.  Think about these things. Think about what God is saying to us through David. Meditate on these things. Apply these things.  We want our nation to turn around and be what we remember as we were growing up. What is the answer? How can that be accomplished?  Read these three verses again and see what God is saying to America today.

As I read these verses, I'm tempted to say, "Yea! That's what everyone else needs to be doing!"  If people in Washington would apply these verses, then our nation would be great once again.  That's what I'm tempted to say, but the Holy Spirit is saying to me that I need to apply these verses in my life.  I can't change anyone else, but I can change with God's help. What will result in God's people praising Him?  Again, read these three verses. The simple answer is this, "God will bless us."  

What happened to cause such a downward spiral in our nation? My thought is that we have turned from God to all the modern conveniences.  We push a button and things happen. If they don't happen, we hit the restart button.  We can go online, click on an item, put it on the charge card, and it's delivered in a few days. We take a meal out of the freezer and place it in the microwave. It's ready to eat in minutes. It seems our dependence has been placed in things and technology rather than the mercy and grace of God.

"Let the people praise thee, O God." It's time we truly turn back to God. It's wonderful for me to quote 2 Chronicles 7:14. It seems God is saying, "It's fine to quote the Scripture, but it's more important to live it." God is deserving of our praise which originates in our hearts and ascends to His throne of grace. David spoke of this praise coming from the heart. His son, Solomon, also spoke of the principle of praise and blessing.  "My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." (Proverbs 23:26) 

God is saying through both these men, "When you give me your heart and offer genuine praise, I WILL BLESS YOU."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51