Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 89:15

Psalm 89:15    "Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance."

We have heard the joyful sound:  
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!
Spread the tidings all around:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!

Shout salvation full and free,
Highest hills and deepest caves,
This our song of victory,
Jesus saves, Jesus saves.
(excerpts from "Jesus Saves" -  William J. Kirkpatrick, composer)

This morning I would like to share some of my "joyful sounds" that mean so very much to me. I pray they will bless you as you read them again. Maybe you can add some of your favorites and let's encourage one another.

"But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine." (Isaiah 43:1)

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1) 
"the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out." (John 10:3) 
"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." (Isaiah 40:11)
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  (2)  My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2)

You never have to wonder if He will be there or not when you lift up your eyes. Why?  "for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. (6)  So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." (Hebrews 13:5-6)

From all these verses, I gather that my Lord and Saviour has His eyes upon me and His ears are attentive to my cries for help. I never have to worry if He will be too busy or unavailable.

This is my joyful sound. I am redeemed. I am forgiven. I am His!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51