Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 91:4

Psalm 91:4    "He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler."

Quite honestly, this morning I seem to be at a loss of words. But I'm looking at these words of the Psalmist and asking the Lord to please apply them to me. I need the covering of the feathers of His wings. I need to abide under His shadow. I need His fellowship just now. I want to trust Him. I need Him to be my shield and to fight my battle because I can't do it without Him.

"Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; (6) Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.  (7)  A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee." (Psalm 91:5-7) I read those verses and from my heart I say, "I need this."  

No matter how much time you think you have to prepare, I find that it isn't enough. You think you have it all planned out as to what will happen next, but then you realize: "I may have planned, but I can't do it without my Lord."  So, I say... "Lord, please cover me with your feathers. I want to be under your wings, under your grace, experiencing your power as my shield. Help me, O Lord."

Now, the truth of the matter is found in the first two words of verse four, "HE SHALL..."   So now I say, "Thank you Lord."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51