Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 104:24

Psalm 104:24    "O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches."

As I read this Psalm this morning, I can hear the birds singing. The sun is shining brightly. The trees are budding. The azaleas and dogwoods are in bloom. It's such a beautiful morning and I'm thankful to be able to enjoy it.  But then my human side comes to the surface. It's cold outside. The pollen has been terrible. I have to wear three layers of clothes, from winter to spring to summer all in one day.  That's my humanity that enjoys complaining.  

My legs are sore from being on a ladder for just a little while on Monday. My eyes are failing little by little. My bones pop and crack. It takes me several steps in the morning before I can stand up straight. But that's my humanity that enjoys complaining. The truth of the matter is that my heart is beating. My eyes can see and there are steps to be taken that can help them. I have arms and legs that work effectively. I'm able to eat three plus meals a day with a fair metabolism to send the nutrients to all parts of my body.

What am I getting at this morning?  Here's the sum of the whole matter:  I have so very much for which to be thankful. The works of the Lord in my life are so abundant. He loves me with an everlasting love. His Son died for my sins and I am forgiven.  I am blessed with a wonderful, caring family who have stepped up to the plate as the need arose. I have friends in an abundance. I have a church family who shows their love in so many ways that I cannot begin to number them.  I can hear those birds singing. I can see the beautiful colors of the Cardinal, Bluebird, and yes, even the blackbirds and crows.

I can trust the very wisdom of God who created these things and maintains them each day. His wonderful works are all around me. Yes, the earth is full of the very riches of God! I pray I will spend more time praising Him instead of complaining.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51