Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 95:6-11

Psalm 95:6-11    "O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.  (7)  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,  (8)  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:  (9)  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.  (10)  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:  (11)  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest."

This morning, as I read these words, I see the way of true revival comes through the route God has designed. "O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."

This applies to every child of God. If we truly want revival in our land, we must come in this manner.  As one man stated in the church I grew up in, we must go the "knee route."  Let us kneel. Let us be humble. Let us repent. Let us confess the Lord is indeed our God and our maker. He is worthy of our praise, "For he is our God; and we are the people of His pasture. We are the sheep of His hand."  In other words, He has made us and not we ourselves.

As we kneel before Him, we must also be ready to listen as He speaks. Why was God grieved with the people of Israel as they traveled through the wilderness toward the promised land? Why were they delayed 40 years before reaching that land?  They hardened their hearts toward Him. Instead of going forward by faith to that land, they felt it was too difficult and wanted to go back to their old ways.

So this morning, I conclude with the words spoken by our Lord through the Psalmist, "To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your heart." Seek His face. Listen to that still small voice within you where the Lord speaks His Words of direction, instruction, correction, and comfort. Today is the day. 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51