Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 112:1&8

Psalm 112:1    "Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments."

Psalm 112:8    "His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies."

The older I get, the more I realize the importance of praising my Lord.  Our relationship with Him should be such that we offer praise simply because of who He is. He is God! He is the source of all power. The glory of that which is called nature is a mere reflection of the glory of our God, the Creator.  We praise Him because of His very nature of love and grace. We praise Him because He is true to His promises. We praise Him because He chose to love us and be a very active presence in our lives. Have you ever experienced any of this in your life? "Praise ye the LORD."  

We are blessed to have the privilege of honoring God. Can you imagine going through a day without Him in your life? I don't even want to attempt imagining that, do you? I want to constantly honor Him and His blessings upon me. I am thankful that He opened my heart to understand that His way is the right way and is always the best way. I may not understand the manner He works in my life, but I have great delight in knowing He allows me to experience the truth of His Word in some way every day.

When I am focused upon His presence in my life, my heart is established.  David expressed that "established heart" again in this Psalm in this manner, "My heart is fixed, O God."  As I am praising Him, I am realizing the blessing that comes along with that offering of praise. My heart is established. It is strengthened by His divine presence in my life. I am safe and secure in Him and I can trust His wisdom and His purpose for my life. As I read David's words concerning "his desire upon his enemies," I feel that my desire upon my enemies is not based upon my emotions. I am content to know God will provide wisdom and understanding and ability to deal with what that "enemy" may be, or whatever I may perceive that enemy to be.

When I am praising the Lord, I am trusting His timing for my life. It may take time for His will to be shown, but I trust Him. When I am praising Him for His timing, I have the ability to remove my thoughts and my plans and simply place it in HIs hands. It seems to me that when God's Word instructs us to praise Him, it is more for our peace of mind than anything else. God has angels who constantly cry out, "Holy, Holy, Holy."  He doesn't need my praise, but I need to praise Him in order to have the right frame of mind. How about you?

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51