Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 115:11-15

Psalm 115:11-15    "Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.  (12)  The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron.  (13)  He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great.  (14)  The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.  (15)  Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth."

What do you think about this thing called trust?  Do we realize that even though some may say they find it difficult to trust, every one of us places trust in someone or something.  I'm sitting in a chair as I type this devotion. I am trusting that whoever assembled this chair did it correctly and it will hold me while I type. When I get in the car and press the ignition, I am trusting that the engine, combined with gas and oil, will run and then the drivetrain of the car combined with the engine and tires will get me to my destination. We place trust in many things every single day of our lives.

"Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD."  How difficult is it to place complete trust in the LORD?  We are told throughout the Word of God that we are to trust Him. We will see in a future Psalm that it is better to trust the LORD than to place trust in the wisdom and power of man.  The world tells us that "seeing is believing."  God's Word teaches us that "believing is seeing".  One of the qualities of Abraham was his faith and trust in the Lord. Paul wrote concerning Abraham that he called "those things which be not as though they were." He saw in his heart that God would finish what had been begun.  Paul also wrote about Abraham, "He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;  (21)  And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform." (Romans 4:20-21)

As I think about today's verses, I am reminded that it is one thing to say, "I believe what God says." And that's a wonderful beginning, but it goes much farther.  God is telling us through the Psalmist that if we say we fear (remember that word means to honor), if we honor the Lord, then we are to trust Him also. Honor is of the heart and mind. Trust is putting hands and feet to that honor and belief that God is able to perform what He has promised.  James would say, "Faith without works is dead."  

Why should we trust Him in our daily actions? Read verses 12-15 of today's verses.  He is mindful of us. Have you ever had someone that constantly stayed on your mind and in your heart? Can we realize that our Lord constantly has us in His mind and heart?  There is never a moment that God is not thinking about you and me. The God Who created heaven and earth has me in His heart and mind. The God Who sustains this vast universe to maintain its course always has me in His heart and mind. The God Who loves me so much that He gave His only begotten Son to die for my sins always has me in His heart and mind. His love is absolutely unconditional. When I realize the great truths contained in these verses, I can answer the question I asked in paragraph two. How difficult is it to place complete trust in the LORD? If it is difficult, then the difficulty is in me, not in God. He loves me and has complete plans set for my life. If I will trust Him and follow Him, the best is yet to come. "The LORD shall increase you more and more."  Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51