Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 118:24

Psalm 118:24    "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

If you are like most of us, you probably have regrets from days gone by and have hopes for days to come. We sometimes spend too much time in either one of those circumstances whether it is living in regret or dreaming of tomorrow.  I know I spend time in both of them.  I am saddened by my regrets and I rejoice in my hopes. The point of this very quick devotion (for today I'm spending time with family) is that we too often do not simply stop and rejoice in today. We worry about what was or what might be and we forget "what is".  Can you identify with that?

We cannot change yesterday and we are not promised tomorrow here on earth, so let us rejoice and be glad in today.  How can we do that? May I suggest a few ways to enjoy today?  First, spend time with the Lord.  Pray unto Him, but then listen to what He has to say to you. Read God's Word. You will be surprised what He has to say to you that is recorded in the Bible. Listen to your favorite hymn or praise song and let the words soak in. Be still before the Lord.  Enjoy your family and friends.  Be thankful for those who God has placed in your life. Never take them for granted. Always let them know that you love them. Don't be afraid to step out on faith when the Lord says, "It's time".

God bless you all. Thank you so much for taking time to read my feeble thoughts.  Enjoy today!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51