Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 119:137-138

Psalm 119:137-138    "Righteous art thou, O LORD, and upright are thy judgments.  (138)  Thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful."

How can I know the Word of God is the truth and correct path upon which I can base my life?  I may oversimplify my answer, but according to today's verses, I must come to the understanding that God is right and I am wrong.  If I go strictly upon my opinion, I can easily make wrong turns in my decision making process. The key upon which we can be certain is to know the Lord is righteous and holy. There is none like Him. "Righteous art thou, O LORD."   Every way of the Lord is not only right; but, His way is right for me and for you.

The wise man Solomon said, "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12) How do I avoid going the wrong way? We've already established God is righteous. He is always right in the manner He shows us how to make proper decisions. The second key is to come to the understanding that the Word of God is right and faithful.  We may not understand everything that is written in the Bible, but faith allows us to know it is correct and best for our lives.  We have already seen the key to understanding is to read, pray, study, and meditate.  God's Word will always lead us in the correct path.  

It seems to me that if I come to the understanding that I am fully capable of being wrong and God is always right, then there is only one safe path to travel. There is only one safe way to find that correct path. "Lord, please show me your way so that I will be able to experience the fullness of your love, mercy, and grace."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion: Psalm 88:1-4

Psalm 88:1-4  A Song or Psalm for the sons of Korah, to the chief Musician upon Mahalath Leannoth, Maschil of Heman the Ezrahite. "O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:  (2)  Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;  (3)  For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.  (4)  I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength" I've said this before and I will say it again (and probably more times before we get to the end of the Psalms) - I love the Psalms because I can surely identify with them. Most Psalms start in a low place and as the writer expresses his thoughts, the Lord begins to lift him up out of that dry place.  Though this entire Psalm is a fervent cry unto the Lord, the Psalmist tells us specifically in three verses that he cried daily unto the Lord. Just a few Psalms ago, we were reminded that God always hears our prayers. ...

Daily Devotion: Psalm 100:1-5

Psalm 100:1-5   A Psalm of praise. "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.  (2)  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.  (3)  Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.  (4)  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.  (5)  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." "Know ye that the LORD he is God." As I read the 100th Psalm this morning, this verse seems to be the hinge upon which all the other verses are settled. Know ye that the LORD he IS God. Jesus prayed in His intercessory prayer, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3) We read in the book of Hebrews chapter 11:6, "... he that cometh to God must believ...

Daily Devotion: Mark 14:65-67

Mark 14:65-67    "And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.  (66)  And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:  (67)  And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth." It's always nice and sweet when Devotions make us feel good about ourselves. But sometimes the Word of God causes me to become uncomfortable. Today's verses bring me to that place. It would be so very easy for me to look at the contrast between what was happening to Jesus and what was happening with Peter. It would be very comfortable for me to sit here this morning and condemn Peter for standing outside by the fire while Jesus was inside being mocked, spat upon, and struck by the servants of the high priest. It would be easy for me to sit here and say, "...