Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 119:137-138

Psalm 119:137-138    "Righteous art thou, O LORD, and upright are thy judgments.  (138)  Thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful."

How can I know the Word of God is the truth and correct path upon which I can base my life?  I may oversimplify my answer, but according to today's verses, I must come to the understanding that God is right and I am wrong.  If I go strictly upon my opinion, I can easily make wrong turns in my decision making process. The key upon which we can be certain is to know the Lord is righteous and holy. There is none like Him. "Righteous art thou, O LORD."   Every way of the Lord is not only right; but, His way is right for me and for you.

The wise man Solomon said, "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12) How do I avoid going the wrong way? We've already established God is righteous. He is always right in the manner He shows us how to make proper decisions. The second key is to come to the understanding that the Word of God is right and faithful.  We may not understand everything that is written in the Bible, but faith allows us to know it is correct and best for our lives.  We have already seen the key to understanding is to read, pray, study, and meditate.  God's Word will always lead us in the correct path.  

It seems to me that if I come to the understanding that I am fully capable of being wrong and God is always right, then there is only one safe path to travel. There is only one safe way to find that correct path. "Lord, please show me your way so that I will be able to experience the fullness of your love, mercy, and grace."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51