Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 119:73-74

Psalm 119:73-74    "Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.  (74)  They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word."

"Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments."  In this verse, we can see a relationship that has been formed and reinforced in the heart and mind of the writer.  The first acknowledgement is that the Lord God Almighty is our Creator.  We read these words in the 100th Psalm, "Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture." (Psalm 100:3)  In my opinion, this is one of the greatest things we need to understand in our daily walk with the Lord. Being our Creator, He knows everything about us. He knows our strengths and our weaknesses and through it all, He still loves us.  

With that understanding, the writer of this Psalm goes on to request understanding concerning the Word of God. If God is my Creator, and He is and If God is the Author of the Bible, and He is, then why would I not go to the source in order to better receive and understand what is being said to me.  Lord, you know me and all my downfalls, would you please help me to understand your Word so that I may better apply it to my life.  In applying the Word of God to our lives, we can experience the fullness of peace and joy as we seek to do the right thing according to His commandments.

When we are seeking to do what is right in the sight of God, we will then have people brought into our lives who are seeking the same thing. "They that fear thee (honor thee) will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word."  It is a pure joy when the Lord opens up avenues of fellowship and brings Godly people into our lives. Yes, there are those who hate the Word of God and anyone who is trying to live according to it; but, thank God there are still people who love the Lord and His Word and are seeking to please Him.  The Psalmist, and the writer of this devotion, says, "Thank you Lord for the precious gift of Godly friends."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51