Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 121:2

Psalm 121:2    "My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." 

I realize I used this verse recently as well as again today. There is a reason to look at this verse as it stands on its own merit.  What a beautiful statement to be able to declare with absolute confidence. "My help cometh from the LORD."  In that statement there is a confession of my own inability to help myself. No matter how much I may want to take credit for good things happening in my life, the complete truth is "My help cometh from the LORD."  I firmly believe that God is always working either very openly in our lives, or behind the scene in orchestrating events, circumstances, and bringing great joy to us.  I am persuaded of this great truth. I have seen it firsthand. I'm sure you have also, but this one I know for a fact "that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."  Can you say that with confidence this morning?  I hope so.  There is great peace and joy when we can submit to the working of God in our lives and realize He has great plans and is bringing them about each day. Yes, this morning I say to you unequivocally "My help cometh from the LORD."

How can I find confidence in that statement? My answer to you is simple, He "made heaven and earth." Look at the sunrise. Was it forecast last night what time the sun would rise this morning?  Well, if you watched your local weatherman, he more than likely said the sun would rise at _:__ AM this morning.  How can they know that?  How can they know when the moon will be full?  How can we know that when Spring arrives, flowers will begin to bloom, leaves will begin to spring forth on the trees, and birds will begin to sing their little hearts out?  How can we be certain of all these things?  Again, my answer is simple, "The LORD... made heaven and earth."  Going deeper with this thought, how can I be assured of my salvation in the Lord?  Because the LORD has placed within me "hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began." (Titus 1:2) It is so important to have confidence in the power, love, mercy, and grace of our Heavenly Father.

I have never stopped to research the number of times the simple, yet beautiful, truth appears in the Word of God; but, many times this great truth is repeated, He "made heaven and earth."  If God has power to speak the creation into existence, and He does - If God has power to maintain and sustain in perfect order this great universe, and He does - then I can find great peace in knowing God orchestrates my life to His honor and glory.  I hope you can also.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51