Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 125:1-2

Psalm 125:1-2    "They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.  (2)  As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever."

We are still building on the 119th Psalm concerning the Word of God and its importance in our lives. We are told in Romans 10:17, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."  The Word of God teaches us the manner in which God has dealt with His people throughout the ages. As we study and meditate upon those things, our faith is bolstered to know our God is able to do all things.  He parted the Red Sea for the children of Israel. He makes the way for us as we travel this path called life. He provided water from a rock and bread from heaven. He can provide every need we will ever have.  He caused the sun to stand still in order for the children of Israel to fight the battle in daylight. He sheds light upon our situations and circumstances in order for us to be victorious in the struggles of life.  You get the idea of how our faith is strengthened as we study the Word of God.

Building upon that, our faith enables us to trust the Lord.  To believe is one thing, but to put legs on that belief and walk in submission to the will of God is quite another. I remember crossing a swinging bridge when I was in the sixth grade. Our school trip was to Rock City. We came to a place where we had to cross that bridge. There was no other way. I will go ahead and admit that I've always been afraid of heights. When I came to that bridge, I BELIEVED it was strong enough to hold me up, but I had to put that belief into action by stepping onto that bridge. I had to turn my belief into a working trust that it would hold me up. What does that have to do with us today?  I believe God is able to do all things. I have peace in believing that. But there is a deeper confidence that builds when I am willing to step out in faith, trusting Him to hold me up and to deliver me in the storms and struggles of life.

There is a greater confidence that builds within me each time I put legs on my faith. God's Word says I am as mount Zion when I trust God to do what He has promised to do by stepping out in simple obedience to Him. That is to say, the storms, wind, and rain will still come at me, but I can stand strong in the Lord. As the mountains around Jerusalem were a source of defense, even greater is the defense that I experience when my trust is in the Lord God Almighty.  I don't have to know the outcome as long as I'm walking in simple faith, trusting God to see me through.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51